Ratings and Review are the Most Important Step, You Should Take before Signing an Agreement to Remodel Your Kitchen, Bathrooms or Your Entire Home. It is easy to assume that no one will provide a poor reference, but what if the reference is “unenthusiastic” or “vague”?
Your home remodeling project may be the largest investment you will make in your home and is often the fulfillment of a lifelong dream.
We strongly recommend that you thoroughly review the references, ratings and review of any home remodeling contractor that you seriously consider hiring to complete a kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, addition or whole house renovation project.
I am very proud to say that we have been awarded 4 Contractor of the Year Awards from NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry) for innovation and excellence in remodeling and we would be pleased to use our process to create a beautiful and functional home remodeling project for you.
I will provide you with at least 20 recent references from: Bordentown, Columbus, East Windsor, Hamilton, Hightstown, Princeton, Robbinsville, South Brunswick, West Windsor and the surrounding communities.
- Why would I provide you with more than 20 customer references? I want you to know that we have a long list of satisfied clients who are willing to speak to you about our attention to detail, adherence to the plan, follow-through or anything else you would like to know about my company.
- I believe our reference list is a strong indicator of our consistent job performance.
If a home remodeling contractor you are seriously considering can’t come up with at least 10 recent references it is a smart idea to cross them off of your list. Even small remodeling contractors complete 25 jobs every few years so asking for 10 references shouldn’t be a big challenge.
A Simple Guide to Check References
Here are a few questions that will give you solid feedback on the contractor’s timeliness, cleanliness, adherence to the proposal price and professionalism approach.
You should prepare a list of 5 to 10 questions to ask each contractor’s references.
To start with you should confirm the type of home remodeling project that the contractor completed for the homeowner.
A prepared list will put you at ease and help you get the information you need to make the best decision about the home remodeling company.
If the person you are calling seems reluctant to provide specific answers or seems to be providing unenthusiastic answers – that should make you think twice about them.
- Did they start on the date they promised?
- Did they finish the project in the time frame they promised?
- Was the total price you paid equal to the proposal price? If it wasn’t you should ask for an explanation?
- How quickly did they return your phone calls?
- How did they handle issues and challenges during the project?
- How often did they meet with you to review the progress of the project?
- Were all of their crew members (including trade contractors like plumbers or electricians) polite and respectful?
- Have your referred them to anyone else? If not – ask if they would refer them.
- Would you hire them to do another project?
I am providing this information as a service so you can make the best hiring decision possible. I hope that you find it useful and I trust that you will be very satisfied with the answers you receive from my clients.
I invite you to use all of the information provided on our website to help you make your decision on the remodeling contractor you select to complete your home improvement project.
If you are comfortable with the information and education we are offering, please call me at (609) 584-8801 to schedule a first meeting. Prior to the meeting I will provide you with a complete copy of our consumer checklist and a sample of the amount of detail we include with every proposal.
I encourage you to review “How Can I Find a Top Home Remodeling Contractor in Central NJ ?” I am confident that you will find the information helpful.